Learn how the Sentimag platform can help improve patient safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Sentimag® platform provides important benefits for both hospitals and patients.
- Patients spend less time in the hospital on the day of surgery1
- Lesion localization can be performed without using a guidewire2
- As many as 20% of women having surgery with a guidewire will need to have a re-excision3
- The re-excision rate for the Magseed® marker is only 11%3
- The Sentimag® system can be used to practice new procedures that prevent further time in the hospital for patients, including:
- Targeted Axillary Dissection (TAD)
- Delayed Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy (dSLNB)
1. Hersi Abdi-Fatah, et al. A combined, totally magnetic technique with a magnetic marker for non-palpable tumor localization and superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for sentinel lymph node detection in breast cancer surgery. European Journal of Surgical Oncology. April 01, 2019. 45:4,P544-549. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejso.2018.10.064
2. Endomag. Indications for use. Available at: [https://www.endomag.com/indications-for-use/] Last accessed, August 2020.
3. Miller M, et al. Hospital system rollout and initial experience with stainless steel magnetized seeds for breast and lymph node localization. Poster 581631. Presented at ASBrS 2019.
© 2020 Devicor Medical Products, Inc. All rights reserved. Devicor and Mammotome are registered trademarks of Devicor Medical Products, Inc., in the USA and optionally in other countries. Sentimag, Magseed and Magtrace are registered trademarks of Endomagnetics, Ltd. in certain countries. Used with permission. Other logos, product and/or company names might be trademarks of their respective owners. MDM# 200461 Rev 09/20