Browse the selected reading material devoted to procedure and device advancements.
Click on link to download full clinical article.
Stereotactic 11-Gauge Vacuum-Assisted Breast Biopsy: A Validation Study. G. Pfarl et al. American Journal of Roentgenology. Vol 179. No. 6, December 2002, pp 1503-1507
Ultrasound Guided, Vacuum-Assisted, Percutaneous Excision of Breast Lesions. I Grady M.D. et al. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. Vol. 201, No. 1, July 2005. pp 14-17
The following is a limited reference list of clinical articles available to healthcare professionals in peer-reviewed medical journals. The articles provide various views on issues related to breast biopsy and/or the Mammotome® Breast Biopsy System. The information provided in these articles is the responsibility of the authors and publishers. The titles are listed here as a convenience (or service) without any endorsement, recommendation or warranty of any kind, and the owners of this site accept no responsibility for the reliance of the information contained in them.
We encourage you to read these materials on your own and evaluate how they can contribute to your discussions with your patients.
- Georgian-Smith D, D'Orsi C, Morris E, et al. Stereotactic Biopsy of the Breast Using an Upright Unit, a Vacuum-Suction Needle, and a Lateral Arm-Support System. American Journal of Roentgenology - AJR2000;178:1017-1024.
- Jackman R, Burbank F, Parker S, et al. Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia diagnosed at stereotactic breast biopsy: Improved reliability with 14-gauge, directional, vacuum-assisted biopsy. American Journal of Radiology 1997;204:485-488.
- Meyer J, Smith D, Lester S, et al. Large-Core Needle Biopsy of Nonpalpable Breast Lesions. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) 1999 May; Volume 281, No. 17.
- Parker S, Klaus A, McWey P, et al. Sonographically Guided, Directional, Vacuum-Assisted, Breast Biopsy Using a Handheld Device. American Journal of Radiology 2001 August;177.
- Perez-Fuentes J, Longobardi I, Acosta V, et al. Sonographically Guided Directional Vacuum-Assisted Breast Biopsy: Preliminary Experience in Venezuela. American Journal of Roentgenology - AJR 2001;177:1459-1463.